- "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Genesis 1:1. That gave Him the name of Elohim~The Creator.
- "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:7. That gave Him the name of Jehovah~My Lord God.
- "My God shall supply all thy need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19. That gave Him the name of El Shaddai~My Supplier.
- "My Lord, if now I have found favor in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:.." Genesis 18:3. That gave Him the name of Adonai~My Master and Lord.
- "...and behold, behind him a ram caught in a thicket by the horns." Genesis 22:13 (referencing the sacrifice that God provided for Himself in place of Abraham's son), and this gave Him the name Jehovah Jireh~My Provider.
- "...I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee." Exodus 15:26. This gave Him the name Jehovah Rophe~My Healer.
- "Thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's." II Chronicles 20:15<>"Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you..." II Chronicles 20:17. This gave Him the name Jehovah Nissi~My Banner and Victory.
- "I am the Lord which sanctify you." Leviticus 20:8. This gave Him the name Jehovah Mikkadesh~My Sanctifier.
- "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. In His days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is His name whereby He shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS." Jeremiah 23:5-6. This gave Him the name Jehovah Tsidkenu~My Righteousness.
- "And the Lord said unto him, Peace be unto thee; fear not: thou shalt not die. Then Gideon built an altar there unto the Lord, and called it Jehovah shalom." Judges 6:23-24. This gave Him the name Jehovah Shalom~My Peace.
- "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want." Psalm 23:1. This gave Him the name Jehovah Rohi~My Shepherd.
- "It was round about eighteen measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The Lord is There." Ezekial 48:35. This gave Him the name Jehovah Shammah~My Abiding Presence, The Lord is There.
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Posted by Kelline Pickett at 10:18 PM